When submitting your story for publication please make sure that you proofread your story for some of the most common mistakes. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling are the most obvious errors that occur when writing a story or article. There are many ways that you can quickly and easily proofread a story.
How to proofread a story or article quickly and effectively:
#1 ) Know and Compare
(#2) Read Your Work Aloud
Check for errors by reading your story out loud. Doing this can really allow you to hear the errors more accurately. Seeing errors is often more difficult than noticing them when you are listening.
(#3) Break Your Work Down
Break your story down sentence by sentence while reading it. Start from the beginning and read each sentence to the very end. Do not focus on the story itself. Separate your mind from what you have created while reading each sentence. Doing this can change the way you perceive each sentence and make your mind less subject to what you meant to say rather than what is actually written down.
(#4) Get a Dictionary
Use a dictionary to research any words that you may be unsure of or are words you know are commonly misspelled. Since you will be in front of your computer while doing this I want to personally recommend Dictionary.com as a source.
(#5) Get Help from a Friend
Have another person read your story for you. They are unbiased and will not be subject to the impressions that you, the author, will often be misled by. This step draws from step 3. An author will often read a story they wrote and overlook certain errors because of how they perceive their own work.
Latest posts by Michael Anderson (see all)
- The Sacrifice - April 4, 2022
- Forbes Censors Conservative Contributor for Criticizing Twitter Trump Ban! - January 12, 2021
- “Forsake Me Not” – A Poem of Loneliness, Loss and Death by Michael Anderson - January 10, 2021
- Dear Oregonians, Bank of America Does NOT Support the Constitution! - December 30, 2020
- The True Oracle of Blackness. - December 30, 2020
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 48Attention: Must Read! If you have never submitted a article, story or poem please read each of the following articles. Also, if you are submitting stories in bulk please submit them all one by one. Do not paste them all at once. Currently, after you press the submit button simply…
- 24[aio_button align="center" animation="none" color="gray" size="medium" icon="pencil" text="Submit Your Story or Poem Here" url="http://inmogul.blog/submit-work"] Welcome to blog.inMOGUL.com! Submitting your story on inMOGUL is easier than ever and will put your work in front of other readers and authors who can rate, review, comment on, and share your story or poetry. Also,…