When you submit a story you are given a choice of 10 different categories; Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Non-Fiction, Romance, Science Fiction, Thrillers, Westerns, Poetry, and Humor. Sometimes you may want to choose more than one category. On our website we only allow our authors to post a story in one category. The most important reason for this is to make it simpler for authors and people who want to find stories to read. Another is because having posts in multiple categories can effect a stories ranking in search engines. Having a story in multiple categories can be viewed as over-optimization and a form of search engine manipulation.
We want as many people as possible to read and enjoy our author's stories so we must ourselves adhere to these strict guidelines. We know search engine manipulation is not the intent behind authors who want to post in multiple categories. However we have to deal with the cards we are dealt by Google, Bing, and other major search engines. These two reasons are why we only allow for posts in a single category.
Choosing which genre your story belongs in can be difficult at times. Perhaps your story has elements of love, adventure, and horror. We understand that many of our authors' stories have a variety of themes intertwined together that create a final piece of work. It is important however that you find a theme in your story that stands out the most and select a genre accordingly. Over time we will be deepening the complexity of our genres as our website grows. For the time being we are beginning with the 10 categories described in the first paragraph.
Please follow the links of each category below and read our descriptions so you may foster a better understanding of which genre your unique story embodies the most. Using our descriptions to develop a better sense of what stands out in your story, how people view your work, and how you perceive your work, will help you gain a wider audience of fans and readers by selecting the proper genre to post your story in.
Attention! The descriptions of how to decide the whether or not your story fits in to a certain genre is still under construction. We will get them all up as soon as possible!
Some of our descriptions for the genres are still being written. They are actually quite in depth and you will enjoy them!
- Historical Fiction
- Science Fiction
What Did You Think of This Article?
Your opinion is important for us
Latest posts by Michael Anderson (see all)
- The Sacrifice - April 4, 2022
- Forbes Censors Conservative Contributor for Criticizing Twitter Trump Ban! - January 12, 2021
- “Forsake Me Not” – A Poem of Loneliness, Loss and Death by Michael Anderson - January 10, 2021
- Dear Oregonians, Bank of America Does NOT Support the Constitution! - December 30, 2020
- The True Oracle of Blackness. - December 30, 2020
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 56Historical fiction is one of the most powerful genres in writing. Not because it is in some way better than other forms writing, but because of its unique ability to manipulate peoples’ perception of what actually happened throughout the past. An author of notoriety can easily create new and fictitious…
- 36Attention: Must Read! If you have never submitted a article, story or poem please read each of the following articles. Also, if you are submitting stories in bulk please submit them all one by one. Do not paste them all at once. Currently, after you press the submit button simply…
My name is Michael Anderson and I am the owner of this website for posting and sharing stories and articles. I also have a drop shipping company that I own. I am a very independent and goal oriented person. I hope anyone who is interested in submitting a story or poem sends me their work so I can post it up on this website. You can read more about how this works and how I pay you to post up work here. Not only is using this blog a great way to get recognized for your work, it is also a excellent way to turn your poetry, stories or articles in to a profit! I started this blog in hopes that I could help people get their articles, poems and stories out there for the world to read.