So what do I think? Love is shelter in a terrible storm; its imperfection is excellent if it is in its true form. Only one word will lift the pain and weight off your shoulders; love… love is not when you put up fences, love is when it numbs your senses, sometimes you wonder if you build a wall of pain, anger and despair, who will care?
Who will just sit and stare, who are the ones that will climb over it to save you from the pain that you can’t bare?… love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them no to.
It’s when you give it your best shot and give it all you got, love can conquer all: Hate, Despite, Stupidity, Negative beliefs and Racism, if we all would put effort, it could spread like a wildfire of the flu, tell me that isn’t true?… love would stick like glue, but who knew?
Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream, and he watched it gleam, break the seams of love and hate, with reason, he always kept his foot in the gate… he watched his dream manifest into a new generation, it was his sensation, love consists of essence and presence, meaning it can be visible, love has been a powerful force from the start, to me, love is the inaudible language for the heart.
Latest posts by TheSiickestKid (see all)
- “Cure” – A Poem of Love and Shyness by Jevonte Lockhart - July 17, 2013
- “Fell Short” A Poem of Loss by Jevonte Lockhart - June 18, 2013
- “A Cold World” – A Poem of Life and Loneliness by Jevonte Lockhart - June 6, 2013
- “Return is Possible” – A Poem of Death by Jevonte Lockhart - June 5, 2013
- “Going Through Changes” – A Poem of Life by Jevonte Lockhart - June 5, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 39You said I was [you]rs and your one and only, and I be[lie]ve[d] that.A [to]morrow wasn’t guaranteed and I saw no enlighten[me]nt.I wanted you to contri[but]ebut [I]t seemed like everything was a dispute.I’m speechless, my voice is on mute….This dream was be[love]d…and [you] never understood my point of view, so for…