Your life is a fallacy,
Deceiving everyone around you.
You wear your mask skin tight,
While you hide your staggering despair,
Disguising every emotion
So no one can see the pain and the suffering.
Feelings of anger, sadness, and confusion
Begin to take its toll.
Breaking the silence
As you reach your breaking point.
They tell you that things will only get better,
But this is false too
Because if you’re guard is down you will only fall again.
Deeper than the last time
Harder to get up again
You ask for help, yet no one really listens.
Latest posts by Jessica Baatz (see all)
- “Doggy Rights” – A Funny Story About a Dogs Perspective by Jessica Baatz - October 18, 2013
- “Stranger Danger” – A Poem of Despair, Lonliness and Running Scared by Jessica Baatz - October 8, 2013
- “Indefinite Beauty” – A Poem of Dreams, Beauty and Nature by Jessica Baatz - October 8, 2013
- “Breaking Point” – A Poem of Despair, Lonliness and Internalizing by Jessica Baatz - October 8, 2013
- “The Heroes” – A One Act Play of Courage and Stength by Jessica Baatz - September 25, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...