As I walk through the meadow,
I immerse in the beauty of the open field.
I gravitate my attention toward the
beautiful lupine and bright colored Indian paintbrush
that surround the wilderness, scattered across the forest grounds.
I hearken to the sound of a nearby stream.
As I try to find my way toward the
tranquil flowing river
I notice a deer in the distance.
I follow it curiously and cautiously,
attempting not to frighten him in any way.
Surprisingly he leads me to the vast stream;
I watch while he drinks from the calm,
radiant waters that reflects the exquisite creature.
Soon he is aware of my presence and rushes past me,
back into the wilderness.
I then closed my eyes to absorb
the immaculate beauty of nature.
Suddenly I awake
becoming aware of my alarm clock ringing.
While I got ready for school
I wished that dreams could last forever.
What Did You Think of This Article?
Your opinion is important for us
Latest posts by Jessica Baatz (see all)
- “Doggy Rights” – A Funny Story About a Dogs Perspective by Jessica Baatz - October 18, 2013
- “Stranger Danger” – A Poem of Despair, Lonliness and Running Scared by Jessica Baatz - October 8, 2013
- “Indefinite Beauty” – A Poem of Dreams, Beauty and Nature by Jessica Baatz - October 8, 2013
- “Breaking Point” – A Poem of Despair, Lonliness and Internalizing by Jessica Baatz - October 8, 2013
- “The Heroes” – A One Act Play of Courage and Stength by Jessica Baatz - September 25, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 12Symphony’s Rhythm is a beauties essenceTruth be told, the essence is quintessenceOf the lyrical coalescence of the message’s essenceBut unfortunately it’s marked hate and words of discouragementWhich can’t spark the nourishment of encouragement that’s inside our intellectual mentalityWhich causes the ineffectual fatality
Hi everyone! My name is Jess. I have many talents, my favorite is easy to guess. reading is fun, but writing is the hobby that's number one. expressing visions and sights to see and emotions, I've experienced that have lead me to be stronger and independent, wiser and free, more expressive than I used to be. I write about fears though I'm rarely scared. I write about fallen tears as I let out the sadness, my make up tends to smear I write about love, but don't we all? everyone dreams of that person we adore that never fails to strike us in awe. I write short stories that may exercise your imagination and poems that you can relate to through visualization. I even write plays that have a modern tone, but a touch of the olden days. for me it gives me the chance to share with each and every creative person, any where and every where.