It’s time to tell the truth, time to own up to what’s real, this man left me for another, no longer cares about how I feel. Remained in denial for months, still believing the shallow lies he told, locked in the same old pattern, thought he’d love me until I grew old. Made promises that he would never leave, would be by my side forever, he sold his soul to the devil, walked away with her, thinking things would be much better. I look myself in the mirror, getting older as we speak, can’t stop the aging process just because he is at his peak. He thinks younger is better, all firm and perky and tight, never realizing he is getting older, one day he’ll see the light. Nothing is forever, change continues to occur; this breakup needed to happen, even though this pain seems impossible to endure. My truth is understanding that things will never be the same; abandonment is no joke; it brings a lot of shame. To speak the words, ”he left,” is hard with the lump in my throat, taking my self-esteem with him, never thought to look back, to see if I’d choked. The denial is subsiding now; the truth is settling in, there is another woman now to entertain his every whim. When will he understand that relationships don’t happen overnight, flings and casual sex get old and he has paid the ultimate price. What goes around comes around, the old adage predicts, I won’t be waiting in the wings, when his world crumbles and nothing can be fixed. I’m weary of this burden, this story has gotten old, turn the page for a new chapter, get ready for my new life, that is about to unfold.
Latest posts by sd2013 (see all)
- “White Knuckles” – A Poem of a Lovers’ Withdrawal by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Harvest Moon” – A Poem of Forsaken Love and Broken Hearts by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Home” – A Poem of Powerful Lonliness Intertwined with Inspiration by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Love My Life” – A Poem of Overcoming Struggles and Self-Actualization by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Reality” – A Poem of Realizing Loss and Overcoming Love by Susan Dahr - October 16, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...