Gave him everything I had, stripped myself of all protections, only to realize in the end, there was really never any connection.
He never knew who I was, never bothered to drink my blood; I put him on a pedestal, he couldn’t handle my emotional floods.
He couldn’t feel my sexy swagger, threw away the family jewels, He thinks it’s easy to replace me, he proved that youth is wasted on fools.
He had the keys to my heart, could mold and shape whatever, he chose to walk away blindly, never realizing the depths of his treasure.
Chasing ghosts of a new day, promises of peace and tranquility, he had everything in his hands, never learning the lesson of humility.
Arrogance prevailed, it’s best to run while you have the chance; don’t look back at the mess you made, leaving your woman for another man to enhance.
He thinks I’m all used up, no longer any desire for me, he wasn’t willing to tap what I had left; not understanding untapped love will make you scream.
Move on with your life, brand new flexing and strut-tin your stuff, tomorrow will bring happiness for me, I am finally over you, and I’ve finally had enough!
Latest posts by sd2013 (see all)
- “White Knuckles” – A Poem of a Lovers’ Withdrawal by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Harvest Moon” – A Poem of Forsaken Love and Broken Hearts by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Home” – A Poem of Powerful Lonliness Intertwined with Inspiration by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Love My Life” – A Poem of Overcoming Struggles and Self-Actualization by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Reality” – A Poem of Realizing Loss and Overcoming Love by Susan Dahr - October 16, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 60I believed it had to happen, there was a lesson to be learned; there were things that did not add up; there were things I needed to know. In spite of all the denials, the false accusations and the blame, he left me for his reasons, I know now I…