No one to come home to, the house is cold and dark, don’t know when I’ve been this lonely, praying and hoping I can make a new start.
No need to start dinner, no interest in eating alone, it’s been months since he left me, can’t remember the last time I called this home.
The seasons are changing now, the nights are growing colder, he used to be here to hold me; he used to care until I grew older.
He left me for shallow reasons, said I brought out his worst, his interests turned elsewhere; months of planning; it was so well rehearsed.
He no longer values who I was, refuses to remember my love or support, says I am old and have nothing left to give, nothing left but to file papers in court.
It’s amazing how fast things change, can’t believe none if it was real, believed his words for ten years, realizing those words were only what I desired to hear.
This house is cold and lonely, he no longer cares if I live or die, moved on to support another, I still can’t believe it was nothing but lies.
He made excuses to be free, made selfish decisions that required bold acts, I know he doesn’t love me anymore; It’s hard to swallow the cold, hard facts.
I know I will feel better, big things for me are in store, I’ve learned that I must love myself forever, and never rely or trust those who only want more and more.
It’s time for bed, or so the clock says, time to climb the stairs to emptiness, time to toss and turn alone in my bed.
It’s dark and quiet and so very cold, I lay here remembering, there is no one to hold. Life happens anyway, it’s not waiting for me, I need to flip this script quickly and embrace the beauty of truly being free.
I will love again and this house will be a home once more, my new life is just beginning; knowing this time I will get it right; I will get it right for sure!
What Did You Think of This Article?
Your opinion is important for us
Latest posts by sd2013 (see all)
- “White Knuckles” – A Poem of a Lovers’ Withdrawal by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Harvest Moon” – A Poem of Forsaken Love and Broken Hearts by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Home” – A Poem of Powerful Lonliness Intertwined with Inspiration by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Love My Life” – A Poem of Overcoming Struggles and Self-Actualization by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Reality” – A Poem of Realizing Loss and Overcoming Love by Susan Dahr - October 16, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 58I’m starting to love my life, starting to recognize my flaws, releasing those negative vibes, now believing I was not the cause. Constant obstacles in my way, blocking all my valuable visions, what I know for sure; it was always about competition. Pretending to be supportive, always watching with that…
Writing has been my passion for more than twenty years. I've started more novels than I care to remember. The art of writing is what inspires me and not so much the end results. My travel throughout the United States and other countries has inspired my creative writing style and continues to motivate me to share my adventures. I am a visionary and always believe if I can see it, I can be it! Finding this website was clear determination on my part, as I have something to offer through my writing and I am ready to pursue my dream. I currently live in Surprise, Arizona and working diligently to finish my first short story.