I’m starting to love my life, starting to recognize my flaws, releasing those negative vibes, now believing I was not the cause.
Constant obstacles in my way, blocking all my valuable visions, what I know for sure; it was always about competition.
Pretending to be supportive, always watching with that critical eye, smiling and applauding for me, all along hoping I would not survive.
Never embracing his own insecurities; quick to judge and put others down, pointing out all my deficiencies, to ensure he would always be around.
I’m starting to feel my contributions, feeling the love that embraces me now, no more reasons to win another race; I can finally relax and slow down.Sucking the life out of me, draining me of my God given talents, it could have been so beautiful and easy, to love me and together create some incredible balance.
We could have been a team, combining all we know, instead of splitting hairs and putting on a fake show.
In the end he will be lonely, surrounded by a cast of thousands, wondering how he got to that place of emptiness, not remembering how judgmental he always sounded.
I’m starting to love my life, I’ve left that old luggage behind me now, I’d like to introduce myself; My name is powerful and beautiful, and I am ready to take my bow.
Latest posts by sd2013 (see all)
- “White Knuckles” – A Poem of a Lovers’ Withdrawal by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Harvest Moon” – A Poem of Forsaken Love and Broken Hearts by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Home” – A Poem of Powerful Lonliness Intertwined with Inspiration by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Love My Life” – A Poem of Overcoming Struggles and Self-Actualization by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Reality” – A Poem of Realizing Loss and Overcoming Love by Susan Dahr - October 16, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...