It’s a full moon baby, are you feeling me, shining so bright in the darkness, hanging over what used to be.They call it the harvest moon, all gold and round and bright; we made passionate love in the pool, kissing and hugging surrounded by the yellow moonlight. Naked and blissful, wrapped in each other’s arms, swirling and twirling until the wee hours of early dawn. The coolness of your skin; the fullness of your lips; holding me ever so tightly; water flowing and rushing while you’re rubbing my big round hips. I awakened to the darkness, my bed is cold as ice, I must have been dreaming, you are nowhere in sight.
The tears start to flow, as reality clears my head, you abandoned me months ago, thought there were no more tears to be shed.Gone is the harvest moon as I swim alone in my pool; lap after lap in silence, remembering now, how you treated me so cruel. Months have gone by, never heard from you again, sometimes I wonder if you ever loved me, back in the day when we were such good friends. Broke every promise you made, left me drowning in sadness and sorrow, still picking up the pieces of my life, not looking forward to facing another painful tomorrow.
The following two tabs change content below.
Writing has been my passion for more than twenty years. I've started more novels than I care to remember. The art of writing is what inspires me and not so much the end results. My travel throughout the United States and other countries has inspired my creative writing style and continues to motivate me to share my adventures. I am a visionary and always believe if I can see it, I can be it! Finding this website was clear determination on my part, as I have something to offer through my writing and I am ready to pursue my dream. I currently live in Surprise, Arizona and working diligently to finish my first short story.
Latest posts by sd2013 (see all)
- “White Knuckles” – A Poem of a Lovers’ Withdrawal by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Harvest Moon” – A Poem of Forsaken Love and Broken Hearts by Susan Dahr - October 24, 2013
- “Home” – A Poem of Powerful Lonliness Intertwined with Inspiration by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Love My Life” – A Poem of Overcoming Struggles and Self-Actualization by Susan Dahr - October 21, 2013
- “Reality” – A Poem of Realizing Loss and Overcoming Love by Susan Dahr - October 16, 2013
People Who Read This Have Also Read...
- 39I believed it had to happen, there was a lesson to be learned; there were things that did not add up; there were things I needed to know. In spite of all the denials, the false accusations and the blame, he left me for his reasons, I know now I…